Wednesday 8 December 2010

Production- Font Styles

To give my magazine and band their own identity I have researched and produced a range of font styles for both.
Snare (magazine name)














This font style is very young and creative, which is part of the magazines identity. Also some of the effects on the letters reflect sound like the sound-waves. 










I like this font as it is bold and the effects used on the letters are very creative. However bubble writing is usually associated with pop magazines, therefore I shall not use this font.














This font clearly conveys the Indie rock genre, however I do not like the difference of boldness of each letter.














This is the font i have decided to use as it's simplicity conveys the genre of the magazine but it is also bold and will stand out on the cover of the magazine.


Band Name - 'The Loveless'












For the bands name I have decided to use a handwriting effect as it gives character to the band and their name. However this specific font style is too italic and is not youthful enough for the bands identity.










This font is more youthful but is does not convey the genre of Indie Rock very well.








This is the font that I have decided to use for the bands name as it identifies the band and music genre. 

No comments:

Post a Comment